Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Post #2

Well hey.. really creative post title, I know! Excuse my absence yesterday (actually, I’ll probably never be a daily blogger). For some reason, I didn’t have any “get up and go” yesterday- as my mama would call it. But I finally did get moving, went to class, then step class at the Sanderson. I LOVE a good step or aerobics class.
This morning, I woke up before my alarm and couldn’t go back to sleep, so I went on a jog with my friend Madelon. It was a gorgeous day today! So gorgeous that, I later went on a walk with Strohm. Just call me cardio queen….
Speaking of working out, I have this issue where, I feel like I often worry too much about looking good enough or being good enough in general. I think that’s a typical problem for people. BUT…
Last week I was driving back to Starkville from home one morning, when a song came on. It was called “Someone Worth Dying For”. I’ll admit, I am not the most avid Christian music listener, but I enjoy it every now and then. This song really hit me in a great way. Pretty self-explanatory, but it was saying that Jesus thought we were worth dying for, and He didn’t endure an easy death at that. So I started thinking, who am I to question whether I'm good enough? Jesus thinks we’re worth dying for, so why are we questioning it?  Soooo... I’m hoping to focus more on just being who I am, and not worrying about the rest!
I’m off to study for a test that’s NEXT TUESDAY (just call me studious… Mama, I hope you’re reading this :)
P.S. My prayers are with the Branning family… God received quite an angel today!

1 comment:

  1. I saw this somewhere...Just be yourself, everyone else is taken. and another... If you are critical of yourself, you are criticizing God's work. How about this "quotey" girl!?
    I really enjoy your blog KP...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete