Saturday, January 28, 2012

I have NEWS!!!

Hello everyone... Yes, it is prime time on a Saturday night and I'm bloggging. I'm sooo cool.

Actually, I'm feeling a little bit under the weather and, with a trip to Birmingham tomorrow (including a meeting with the nursing school to review my prerequisites) I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO BE SICK. So, I found a doctor open today, got a shot and an array of meds. He promised me I'd be ready to roll tomorrow.

Well, I said I had some news- and boy do I! Friday around lunchtime, I got some awesome news. Ya girl here got accepted to the MUW nursing program!! Talk about a relief! I am still waiting to hear from two others, but I at least KNOW I'm in somewhere!! With the date party being last night, I had even more reason to celebrate- and I sure did! My sweet date probably heard "I'm gonna be a nurse, y'allllllll" about 9 million times throughout the night... sorry bout it! God is so good and certainly is looking out for me! I am so thrilled and a little bit freaked out that I will being leaving State after this semester. It is definitely bittersweet, but every season is a change and I feel extremely blessed for the amazing opportunities ahead.

With that being said, my game face is still on. There are two more acceptance letters that I would LOVE to come my way :) Mama, Daddy and I are headed to Birmingham tomorrow to check out the area then on Monday I meet with the nursing advisor. Applications aren't due until April, so I won't hear from them until May or June. June will be SO EXCITING with my brother's wedding- so, I want to have a game plan in case I do get in and decide to go. Here's to a potentially crazy exciting summer! 

Thank you to everyone who has sent sweet messages, been there for me when I obnoxiously freak out about the future, and the many prayers that have been said. I am really excited for the future and whatever it holds... and relieved that I won't go 0 for 3 when it comes to applications!

Nurse Katie... sure does have a scary ring to it :) Happy weekend... hope yours has been as amazing as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment