Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday Cooking Expeditions

Happy Sunday, everyone! Hope your weekend was a good one! Mine sure was.

Anyways, I went through a phase where I LOVED baking. I still love it, but due to a little unwanted weight gain, I haven't been in the kitchen much. Well, today I was on pinterest (of course) pinning up a storm- food for the most part. I then realized that I really miss my attempts to cook. So, I decided that just because I now watch what I eat, it doesn't mean that I can't find SOMETHING to make. I began searching for healthier options. I was in the mood for chicken and found the easiest, most delicious chicken breast!

Since I cook just for me (I don't trust myself enough to serve food to anyone else... any of my close friends remember the baked chicken incident of last summer?? yeaaahhh...) I only cooked one chicken breast, and am using the rest of it for the crockpot tomorrow. Just call me Martha Stewart (minus the jail stint....hopefully :)) I threw in some broccoli and red bell peppers and called it a meal!

The chicken recipe (found at http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-garlic-chicken-5478 ) is SO EASY and I didn't use as much brown sugar as it called for (and I used Splenda brown sugar blend). I didn't feel like I missed out by not using as much.

Anyone else have any good (EASY... baby steps here) recipes I could try?? I'm on a roll over here! Maybe I should skip out on nursing school and move on over to culinary school (Mama and Daddy, if you read this, I'm totes kidding).


1 comment:

  1. okay, cooking makes eating healthy SO much easier and more fun!! i love to put zucchini,broccoli,whatever veggies in a pan on the stove with a tiny bit of pam and a little bit of low sodium soy sauce and some salt,garlic salt,and pepper and it tastes JUST like hibachi veggies but without all that butter. and you could also put some parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper on broccoli or asparagus and put in the oven at 400 for about 10-15 minutes. and chicken is SO easy. you can literally do anything with it!
    love you :)
    -jordan spring

    ReplyDelete