Thursday, March 22, 2012

BEST EVER

As many of you know, I am reading the four gospels for Lent. I read Luke chapters 11 and 12 a few days ago. I came across such an amazing passage. I've heard it in bits and pieces, but for some reason it really hit me in a wonderful way the other morning, so I thought I'd share :)

Luke 11:9-13:
"So I say to you, Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find;
knock, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and everyone
who searches finds, and for everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
Is there anyone among you who, if your child asks for a fish, will give
a snake instead of a fish? Or if the child asks for an egg, will give a scorpion?
If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will the Heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

Well... if I'm being honest, some things in my life have certainly not turned out how I wanted or thought it would. But looking back, it has all worked out perfectly. I couldn't ask for anything more, or better, and have been given the best situations and opportunities ever. As I start to think about the future, and begin to make big steps towards that future, it is so comforting to know that, maybe the Lord won't give me exactly what I pray for, but He'll provide me with SO much more.

So, here's to moving forward to whatever you may be going towards and knowing/trusting His plan. It is perfect... and I, personally, cannot WAIT to see what unfolds!

Sorry for the cheesy/preachy post. Tomorrow I'm off to a Jackson engagement party then a Clarksdale engagement party Saturday for my sweet brother and his even sweeter fiance. So excited for all of their wedding festivities and even more excited to have Kat as an official part of our family!! :) Happy weekend!

1 comment: