Thursday, March 1, 2012

I think God is an Eavesdropper!

So, I woke up early this morning, or early for me. I had a HUGE urge to skip my 9:30 and go on a jog instead- I thought 6:45 was just too early to run outside… alone. Buuut, being the studious star student that I am (HAAAA), I decided I should go to class. So, I walked all the way to my class to find that teacher had canceled it! I mean, as much as I appreciate NOT having to sit through that class, say it with me ma’am… ‘EMAIL’. Nonetheless, I am enjoying coffee and blogs instead of philosophy.

On to the explanation of my weird title…. Yesterday, while riding around looking at houses, one of my sweet roommates, Mary-Susan, and I were having a mild freak out about growing up. She graduates in December, and well, I just feel weird leaving State and beginning a new school and still have no idea where that will be. (I’m a planner, so this is a tad bit difficult for me). Both very exciting, but sort of scary to talk about moving out of our parent’s house (like that will ever REALLY happen… sorry mom and dad J) and things of that sort.
This morning, while reading my devotion Jesus Calling, one of the passages I read was Philippians 4:6-7. Side note: if you’re looking for a short but wonderful daily devotion, I highly recommend that book! Back on subject, the passage reads:
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
BAM… You showed me, God. I think He was listening to me and Sue whine and worry. If that doesn’t give you some comfort, I sure don’t know what will! Happy Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment