Monday, February 27, 2012

I'm BAAAAAACK!

I’ve been all over the place lately… literally!
This weekend, I went to Aspen to visit my aunt Helen and her boyfriend. WHAT a blast we had! (and that’s putting it mildly!)
My weekend began Thursday afternoon. After my developmental psychology test, I hopped on a plane with Mom, Dad, my aunt Mary Lee and my uncle Ben. In Aspen, we met up with Mary Lee’s sister, Keith (my roomie for the weekend!) and her daughter Maddin that lives up the street from Aunt Helen and my “honorary uncle” Jim. I’m sure Jim is just thrrillleeeeddd to be considered an honorary uncle :)
The weekend consisted of skiing (maybe more falling than skiing), the most amazing meals- including my aunt’s unbelievable cooking, lunch at the private club on Aspen Mountain, the restaurant at the Little Nell and a gorgeous sleigh ride to dinner where an elk loin and hot cider/rum awaited us. There was also plenty of vodka (oops) and OH MY GOSH probably one of the most fun live music shows I’ve ever been to. It was a three person jazz band from New Orleans, and although I didn’t think I was very jazzy, I had SO much fun! I might’ve gotten low… in front of my parents. It’s totally fine. 
Besides a little incident with the icy driveway- which ended with me literally bear crawling up the hill in the wee hours of the morning- this Mississippi girl fared well in the cold. I had so much fun skiing with my personal ski instructor (AKA Helen’s boyfriend Jim) who was beyond patient as he painfully watched me ski over my poles, run into the side of the mountain, and many more uncoordinated tumbles.
I also loved getting to see my “cousin” (not really but sort of) Maddin… she’s always so much fun and I loved getting to catch up!
A huge thanks to our sweet host and hostess, Aunt Helen and Jim. I loved getting to be a part of such a fun weekend! Helen does the “mountain woman” look in a very chic fashion, y’all.
Here’s a few pictures (clearly I only had my camera one night) :

"cousin" Maddin


 Sweet Sweet parents :)


 Jim and Maddin and I... Thanks so much for everything Jim!!


Daddy, Maddin, Uncle Ben and I

Well, I'm off to the gym to try and work off everything I ate and drank over the weekend... totally worth it though! Happy Monday to all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment