Wednesday, February 22, 2012

LENT!!!

Good evening to all! I have a test tomorrow, so naturally what am I doing?... Everything BUT studying. I'll get to it, I promise!

Well, as I'm sure everyone knows, today is Ash Wednesday... the first day of Lent. Considering that I set lofty new year's resolutions which include:
no diet coke (or any soft drink)
no beer
no wine
no carbs/sugar

.....I decided I am NOT giving anything else up. I just don't think I could! So, I have signed up (through the Episcopal Diocese) to read all four Gospels in the 40 days of Lent. Dad introduced me to this deal, and it sounds pretty cool. I have a schedule of what to read each day, and each day the Bishop sends his notes on that day's readings. I am so excited to get started!

Tonight, I read Mark chapter 1. Sometimes, there's nothing like just reading God's Word. Devotion books are great, but it alllll stems from the Bible. So, I'm sure I'll have plenty of updates on these next 40 days! Nerd Katie (or intellectual badass as my sister, Suzy, put it) is fascinated by the Bible... I love just studying it and hearing other people's thoughts on scripture. Will let you all know how it goes :)

What are y'all giving up (or taking on)??

P.S. I fly out to Aspen tomorrow for the weekend and I could not be any more excited!! I've had my outfits planned for like a week now! Anyways, let's all send up a prayer or two that I don't compleeettteelllyyy make a fool of myself or break anything while attempting to ski... we all know how coordinated I am :(

No comments:

Post a Comment