Thursday, February 9, 2012

Blogger Fail

I've been MIA... majorly. My bad, my bad. As I told in my last post, I had a weekend trip to Texas Tech. Short and sweet but mannnnn was it fun! After returning to Starkville on Monday, I immediately hit the books to study for a Physiology test on Tuesday. Mmmm.. confession: I LOVE biology classes (the material, not the studying part). Closet nerd- right here. So, there's my excuses for not blogging!

Doing my devotion a little late today. I usually start my day off with it, buuut I overslept. Sorry bout it. Anyway, the passage I read was Matthew 14:28-32 and was a story I've heard since I was in, like, pre-school. But, what I love about stories that you've heard a million times, you hear something/learn something new from it each time.

This is the story of Peter, who is fishing, and Jesus tells Peter to walk to Him. So, as Peter steps onto the water, wind and waves hit him and he begins to sink. He cries out to Jesus to help him, and Jesus does. Soooo, when sinking, look to the Lord. Do not get discouraged...He knows our weaknesses (better than even we do) and will meet us there. Something I should  quit telling other people to do and work on it myself! So, I think I'll add that to my list of things to work on :)

Sorry to sound preachy, but I thought it was cool that such a common Bible story can STILL give insight, even after reading it a bazillion times!

Here's some weekend pics:

It was an 80's party.... I swear.



aaaand I'm bored with pictures now... sooo that's all! Good night and GO DAWGS (we play Ole Miss tomorrow night!! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment