Thursday, February 16, 2012

Top Ten Workout Songs :)

So... Everyone (in college at least) gets motivated at the gym this time of year for one main reason: SPRING BREAK! Here at State, everyone tends to go to Destin. I mean EVERY.O.N.E. So, obviously, bathing suit + all of your friends = weight loss (or in my case, just whining about being a beached whale the whole trip... freshmen year anyone?)


Well, this SB I'm going to the Big Apple with Mama and a few of her and my friends! I literally cannot wait! Even though I'm not going to the beach, I'm still motivated to get fit for one sole purpose: SHOPPING. Clothes just look cuter when you feel better about your body. (Or that's what I think at least :))


My point of this post is this: I finally revamped my workout playlist to, what I think is, perfection! Thought I'd share my top 10 faves. It's extremely random, ranging from oldies to rap... some say I'm weird, I'm choosing to claim 'versatile'. Just a warning- some might be slightly vulger. But I listen to them only because I like the beat..... or that's the excuse I'm sticking to.


1. Teenage Dream (Katy Perry)- any of my best friends have witnessed my absolute love for this song. It will NEVER get old to me. ever.


2. Starships (Nicki Minaj)- Nicki. Enough said.


3. Kerosene (Miranda Lambert)- Random, I know. But honestly, who doesn't love a girl plotting revenge??

4. Stereo Hearts (Adam Levine and Gym Class Heroes)- Cheesy but I love.

5. Forever Young (Rod Stewart)- I am my mother's child when it comes to Rod :)

6. Dancing in the Moonlight (King Harvest)- Good start up song.

7. Like A Prayer (Madonna)- This song, and Madonna, will NEVER get old!!!

8. Ass Back Home (Gym Class Heroes)- Sorry for the bad word :/

9. Pretty Girl Rock (Keri Hilson)- "All eyes on me when I walk in..." okay well if that were EVER the case, I better not look like a whale.

10. Part of Me (Katy Perry)- Last but certainly not least: my absolute favorite. Take that for dumping my girl KP, Russell Brand. Nothing motivates me more than revenge (hypothetically speaking, of course ;))


ENJOY and happy running, y'all. I'm off to get ready for a night on the town with my besties- sure do love them. Speaking of besties, shout out to my roomie KATHLEEN for dragging me out of bed at 7am and making me go to the gym with her, despite the nasty things I miiiiight have yelled at her in the process of waking me up. Sorry bout it, girlfriend.

Happy weekend to all, I feel another post coming on tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment