Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekend Update

Happy Sunday, everyone! I have big news... sort of. I cooked fish and asparagus for dinner tonight! And the 'big news'... not only was it edible, it was actually GOOD! Clearly, it's the small things that make me happy :)

This weekend was wonderful. We all went out Thursday night.. it was ladiez night y'allll. Friday morning, I got up and went to work for a few hours, got my nails done and headed to Jackson. I got there in time for dinner with my parents (ate the ENTIRE 8 oz. filet from Ruth Chris and could've kept going... skinny). Then Saturday included breakfast with the brother, my nephew's basketball game, lunch with my Young Life leader and shopping with Mama (duh). My sweet nephew's basketball game was hilarious. He's 6.. so I'm sure you can imagine! And to make things better, my brother is one of the coaches. I can't decide who was funnier to watch- Hastings or Peyton. Anyways, the only thing that would've made the day better was if Suzy (my sister) and her family were in town... if y'all didn't know already, I have the best family in the world. Hands down. Sorry bout it.

This morning, I went to church with Rob and his fiance. They have started going to the Fondren Church in Jackson. Anyone in that area- go check it out... it was GREAT. I am so blessed to be surrounded with not only a loving family, but one that also seeks the Lord.

This morning before church, I read a passage from Habakkuk (okay okay I admit it, I had to use the Table of Contents for that one :/)

"Even though the fig trees have no blossom, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails,and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights."
Habakkuk 3:17-19

Weelllll, I had to do some research, considering I'm not exactly familiarized with this particular book. However, it really struck me. Pretty amazing that, throughout all of the tough conditions Habakkuk has to endure, he is still rejoicing in the Lord. He is still faithful and surefooted. I think this is an amazing example of FULLY relying on the Lord. So, I'm starting off the week with the goal to fully rely on the Lord, or more importantly- remain joyful in Him, not just in good (or bad) but in ALL conditions!

I'm off to hit the treadmill for a QUICK jog... Hope this week is amazing for everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment