Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I am, in fact, still alive!

Whew... crazy week(s)! But absolutely no complaints from this girl! Last week was spring break... and I was lucky enough to go to New York City!!!

Last Saturday night (as in two Saturday's ago) we arrived in the Big Apple. My crew: my best friend from high school, my mama, her best friend Kerry, and Kerry's future daughter-in-law, Maggie! It was SO good to have a few days with my best friend that I feel like I never see... it was so refreshing! I won't bore everyone with the details of our trip but I can sum it up REAL QUICK with this: I came home 1. broke (did I mention that Richard Puckett should become a saint... love you dad :)) 2. heavier. But let me tell you, I am happier than ever :) Mom, Kerry and I even extended our trip an extra two days... again, THANKS DADDY!!!

We got home on Friday and Mom, Dad and I went to dinner. It was so good to spend time with them. I've noticed as I've gotten a little bit older, that I really, really enjoy spending time with my parents. I have the world's best y'all.

Speaking of how amazing my mama and daddy are, Friday they gave me a gift- one that is probably my favorite thing they've ever given me (as if I didn't get spoiled enough in NYC). They gave me the Book of Common Prayer used by the Episcopal Church and in the book is also the Bible. I know that seems odd but I have so enjoyed reading my Lent readings in it and browsing the Book of Common Prayer. This morning I spent a solid hour exploring its contents. I'm weird I know, but it is seriously one of the most special gifts I've been given :)


All in all, I couldn't be any happier! Tomorrow, I'll share with y'all a little something I learned from my Lent readings. I'm reading the four gospels for Lent and the episcopal bishop sends out his notes from the day's reading via email. Stay tuned :) Here's some NYC pics:

 KP and I just browsing some shoes :)


 Anne McCaslin and I after Phantom of the Opera!!


Sure do love you, mama!!

No comments:

Post a Comment